Purpose of this Privacy Notice
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Ancient & Oriental is the data controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Ancient & Oriental”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, personal data may be collected. Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. The following types of data may be collected:
Identity Data - you may be asked to enter your name (including surname, firstname and any other given names), title, date of birth, gender.
Contact Data - including: email address, mailing address, phone number,
Financial Data – including: credit/debit card information
Technical Data - including: Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website. This includes your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.
- Information you provide to us when registering with our website (your name and e-mail address) either when using the contact form or newsletter registration form.
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our us on.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on our site. We will also collect information from any correspondence including email and verbal.
- When you purchase an object from our online gallery, as part of the buying and selling process we collect the personal information you provide us such as your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- Administer our website and business.
- Enable your use of the services available on our website.
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you and collect payments from you.
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications.
- Send you e-mail notifications that you specifically requested.
- Send you marketing communications. This can include an e-mail newsletter, if you have subscribed. You can opt out of our newsletters at any time. This can also include promotional activity, such as sale events, discounts and invitations to events.
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
How do we store personal information?
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law, this is a minimum of 6 years.
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings, disclosures required by law or court order, disclosures to the police, tax authorities or other public or government authorities.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
- In order to provide information to our insurers.
- To provide you with information (for instance, via newsletters) about goods or services we feel may interest you. We will contact you in this manner if you have consented to this expressly by opting in on our website or via e-mail. Interaction (clicks to view items detailed within newsletters) via our newsletters will constitute as consent prior to 25th May 2018. After this date, opt in participation will be required.
- Personal information that we process for a purchase or informational purposes shall not be kept longer than is necessary for those purposes and is required by law.
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
The payment process and what data is used?
- Payments by Worldpay
- Payments via our website are made through a secure Worldpay server. No credit details are stored on Ancient & Oriental.
- The details supplied and stored by Worldpay will be encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Ancient & Oriental is PCI compliant. A record of this certificate can be viewed on our site premises, Oakwood N14 4UW.
- Payment by Paypal
- By choosing PayPal to complete your purchase your credit card data is stored encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is kept only as long as necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After it is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. PayPal adheres to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensures the secure handling of credit card information by our online gallery.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
By using the Ancient & Oriental website, you consent to using these cookies.
We use Google Analytics on our website. Google Analytics sets cookies in order to track your usage of the website. Google Analytics stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the USA. Google Analytics might also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. By using this website you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes stated above. More information on how Google uses data can be found here.
By using the Ancient & Oriental website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Disclosing personal information:
- We will not, without your consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
- When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order and arrange shipment, this implies your consent that we can collect and use it for that specific reason only.
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advises, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required by law and/or in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- We may disclose your personal information in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for purposes of fraud prevention).
We may disclose your personal information in the event you violate our Terms and Conditions of sale.
Apart from the reasons stated in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
- We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
- Third parties may include but are not limited to: Courier services (Royal Mail, TNT, PARCELFORCE, FEDEX, DPD, UPS, POSTAGE SUPERMARKET), Insurance providers, Payment providers (Worldpay, Paypal)
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
You can ask for us to stop sending you marketing emails and correspondence at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each marketing communication we send will have an unsubscribe option in the footer.
When you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of being a client of ours.
- Request access to any personal data about you stored by us.
- Request rectification
- Erase your personal data if you consider us not to have the right to hold it .
- Restrict processing
- To data transfer
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data held by us must be in writing to the addresses detailed in our ‘Contact Us’ information. We will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period, certainly within one month, in compliance with data protection legislation.
A: The Gallery
Trent Park Equestrian Centre
Tel: 020 8364 4565
Updated previously: 25/ 05/ 2018