Terms and Conditions
Ancient & Oriental with Ancient Art manages this online gallery. Ancient & Oriental with Ancient Art is a brand owned by C.J. Martin (Coins) Ltd. By placing an order with us you agree to the following Terms and Conditions of Sale:
- Each individual buyer must be at least the age of majority in his country of residence. Each individual buyer is personally liable for all purchases made. He cannot claim to act for a third party or person. A purchase made with us constitutes a legal binding contract.
- The descriptions of the objects and listed prices are subject to change. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours and images of the objects that appear in our online Gallery. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor’s display of any colour will be accurate.
- All objects are essentially unique. Objects are offered and sold on a first-come-first-serve basis. In the event that multiple buyers place an order at the same time, we will have absolute discretion to determine the successful buyer. We reserve the right to reject any order placed with us.
- When an order is placed and accepted, the object will be listed as SOLD. We may keep the object’s information and images live in our online Gallery for a period of circa 30 days. However, upon receipt of full payment, the buyer may request removal of the object from the website. We reserve the photographic rights for all items sold by us.
- The purchase price payable by the buyer will be the sum of the merchandise, packing, shipping and insurance as indicated on the final checkout-ordering page. Ownership rights pass as soon as we receive the final agreed price. The shipment will be prepared in the course of 3-5 days and dispatched via UK postal service Royal Mail. We use tracked services that will require your signature upon receipt of the shipment. If you desire to use a different courier, please state your preference upon purchase. Additional charges will apply. For items that weigh more than 2 kg will we use a courier service. You will be notified of this and subsequent costs via email. You will receive the tracking number for your items by e-mail. Your shipment is insured to a maximum of CHF 3,000.00 for International shipping and CHF 1,500.00 for National shipping. In case a higher insured value is desired, the buyer needs to contact us immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not wish to have items delivered you can opt to collect them directly from the gallery premises at The Gallery, Trent Park Equestrian Centre, Bramley Road, Oakwood, London, N14 4UW at no extra cost.
- Purchases made directly in the gallery premises in Oakwood, exclude you from executing the cancellation rights offered by Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 stated below.
- Liability and the applicable Customs Regulations or Import Requirements in the country of your destination are the sole responsibility of the buyer. We cannot be held responsible for any delays occurred by Custom Procedures. Import Tax or payable VAT depends on the Country of your destination. Payments of any taxes or any dispute with Customs Authorities are the sole responsibility of the buyer. Our prices do not include postage. Postage for items under 2kg will be dispatched via UK postal service Royal Mail. If the item weighs more than 2 kg or if the total of the items in the your shipment weighs more than 2 kg we will use a courier service. This may incur extra shipping charges of which you will be informed upon your purchase. The extra charges have to be settled prior to shipping.
- The authenticity of the objects listed in our online gallery is guaranteed and each object is described to the best of our knowledge. A Certificate of Authenticity accompanies each object – it features our guarantee, contact information, description, photograph of the object while in the gallery and up to date condition.
- We will aim to provide the buyer with as much additional information as possible depending on availability. If you require a certificate by the Art Loss Register, we are happy to conduct a search of their database, however, if the item does not have an existing certificate, the search may incur extra charges for you. If you require a Thermoluminescence Analysis we are happy to send the item to be tested and only if the result is satisfactory and item is proved consistent with the period stated, we will charge you for this service.
- Complaints by the buyer against the authenticity of a purchased object are to be made in writing and sent to us with registered mail, addressed to:
Ancient & Oriental,The Gallery,
Trent Park Equestrian Centre,
- In case of a dispute regarding the authenticity, Ancient & Oriental, on behalf of the seller, is entitled to seek for additional, contra expertise. In that case the object needs to be returned at the cost and responsibility of the buyer. When there is conclusive evidence against the object’s authenticity, and the claim is successfully made in the 28 days from the shipment leaving our premises you are entitled to a full refund. Buyer pays any return postage.
- A complaint against the authenticity of an object purchased, under the conditions stated in articles 9., 10. and 11., may be settled through the purchase of another object, such to be agreed in good faith and permitted at our sole discretion.
- The transaction between the buyer and the seller takes place in London, UK. All parties recognize the exclusive choice of English Jurisdiction with any matter arising from the purchase and the performance of the transaction.
Cancellation of purchase when buying online or on the phone.
As LAPADA members we adhere to Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. The 14-day period stated below is mandatory by law; however, we will consider claims made up to 28 days after purchase has left our premises as stated in our Terms & Conditions above.
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services.
- Your right to return products does not apply to goods made or altered to your specification or that have been personalised.
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform the seller of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address. You can cancel by email or in writing.
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to the seller at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and the seller will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery).
- The seller may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. The seller will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day the goods are received back.